Friday, April 3, 2009

@#$%&* Squirrel!

UGH!  I put all the plants out on the porch last week to get them some fresh air, and sunshine.  It's been nice enough that I've been able to leave them out there.  But when I checked on them after the first full day, some stupid squirrel had been digging in them.  No real damage that I can see, except for lots of little holes dug in all of the pots.  And in almost every single one!  AND he threw dirt all around the porch!  It had to have been a "he".  (Girls don't make that big of a mess.)

He's been back several times, and dug more holes in some plants that he'd been to already.  This weekend, I'll take some advice that I was recently given, and put some gumballs on top of the soil to try to deter the little sh#%.  

And I'll try to take some updated pictures of the plants from how they did this winter (not so great, I'm afraid!)

AMW

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Keep me posted on how those gum balls work out!

Unknown said...

But..but..if you put gumballs in the soil, won't you get a gum tree???
lol :)

AMW said...

LOL, SMJ! If only it were that easy to get gum!!!

AMW

Heidi said...

LOL. Go to Sam's Club or Costco (or get a friend w/a membership to go for you....) and get a huge jar of cayenne pepper off the spices aisle. Sprinkle it liberally on the dirt and I promise - NO MORE SQUIRREL digging. Just don't forget and inhale too deeply when you stop to "smell the roses." Its a quick and easy lesson but one they won't forget!
Thanks for your comment on my blog - did you know I grew up in Norfolk? I love your front porch :)