Friday, October 30, 2009

Neighborhood Watch?

Well - it's good to know that there are some people out there that notice when things don't look right.

Yesterday, I was getting the trash cans ready to take down to the curb. I noticed the usual things in the area, like the young man across the street getting dropped off after work, other neighbors bringing their trash cans down to the curb.

Then, as I was getting ready to take the cans down, I noticed a truck had stopped on the side of the street. Being in my penguin pajama pants, I didn't want to go down there and look like an idiot, so I waited. I waited for a few minutes, and he was still there, so I got the recycle can ready.

When I turned around to look again - there were 5 police cars with their lights on! 2 in the middle of the road, and the other three scattered around. All of a sudden, there were police officers talking to 3 of the residents from the house across the street.

Slowly they dispersed, but the man in the unknown truck was still out there as well.

By the time the next door neighbor came home and walked over to see if everything was ok, there were the 3 residents, 2 officers and the man from the truck.

I called the neighbor to ask her what she found out, and she said that the man in the truck had seen the young man (who lived at the house across the street) climbing through a window. Seems he forgot his key, and his sisters didn't hear him knocking. So he climbed in.

All the man in the truck knew was that he saw a young guy climbing in the window of a house.

All's well in the end, and it was nice to see that someone would look out for the neighborhood is something didn't look right...

AMW

No comments: