Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What a mess...

I've been inheriting plants from work.  The new building owners don't care for plants much, and sometimes order a ton to be thrown away.  I try to rescue what I can, and see if I can get others to rescue some as well.   

Last week, they wanted a suite cleared out that had about 100 plants.  I called a friend, and she came down with her SUV and loaded it up.  I only brought home 2!   Really!  But one of them was in really sad shape...  See for yourself:
There were actually 2 plants in this one pot.

The roots were a  mess!

I don't know how this plant survived!

I've seen tight roots before, but this was just sad!

I took a knife, cut them apart, and loosened up the roots...

Here are their new potential home in comparison to the one pot they came from!  UGH!

And here they are in their new pots!  Yeah!  It makes me much happier
and I hope it makes them much happier, too!

AMW


1 comment:

Kirk Springer said...

We've just started to expand our plant collection to more Year-round plants, so if the WTC decides to evict some more, give me a call and I'll run down with my truck.

Kirk