Thursday, June 4, 2009

No new news...

Nothing much really new here.  We still have a pair of doves nesting in one of our hanging baskets, but they are not bothered by us, and will just sit up there the entire time we are out there.  Don't know how many eggs there might be, but I imagine we'll get to see once they hatch and start feeding the babies.

I was finally told that this previously unknown plant was probably in the philodendron family.  You may remember it from THIS post.  

It started out with just two leaves, then grew, made it through the winter, and even had new growth on it.

 

Last week, it died.  I have no idea what I did to it.  The picture above was taken about two days before it's demise...

The evenings on the porch are lovely.  We've got citronella candles out to keep the bugs at bay, and the neighborhood is a-buzz with folks walking, biking, and just generally being outside.  It smells good, there's usually a breeze, and the wind-chimes provide a nice relaxing sound.  The birds help too.  They are very active in the evenings.

Thanks for stopping by!  Feel free to leave us a comment to let us know you were hanging out on our porch with us...

AMW

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I"m sorry to hear about your plant. But the porch sounds so nice -- I wish you lived closer to me so that I could come and hang out on the porch, too! See you tomorrow -

Unknown said...

Your porch sounds more relaxing than mine. If you ever wake up one day to find an exhausted looking plump blonde lady in desperate need of a pedicure sleeping in that rocking chair, please don't call the cops on me, k?

AMW said...

No prob, SMJ! We don't think it will be the first time someone has sat on our porch while we're gone, but that's another post altogether........